Collingwood Magpies AFL logo
The Collingwood Football Club, nicknamed the Magpies or less formally the Pies, was formed in 1892. The club was named after the inner-Melbourne suburb of Collingwood, and was originally based at Victoria Park in Abbotsford. The club is now based in the nearby Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Precinct in Melbourne, playing its home games at the MCG and with its training and administrative base at Olympic Park Oval.

Collingwood’s home jumper consists of black and white stripes, matching the colours of an Australian magpie. Collingwood is regarded as one of Australia’s most popular clubs, being the highest attended and most viewed professional sports club in the nation.

Historically one of the most successful clubs in the league, Collingwood has won 15 VFL/AFL premierships, the third-most of any team. Collingwood has played in a record 43 grand finals (including replays), winning 15, drawing two and losing 26 (also a record).

“Good Old Collingwood Forever” is the team song of the Collingwood Football Club. It is sung to the tune of “Goodbye, Dolly Gray”, a popular Boer War and First World War song.

Collingwood Magpies

Home Ground: Melbourne Cricket Ground
Address: PO Box 165, Abbotsford VIC 3067
Established: 1892
Debut season: 1897
Premierships: 15 – 1902, 1903, 1910, 1917, 1919, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1935, 1936, 1953, 1958, 1990, 2010
Song: Good Old Collingwood Forever
Phone: (03) 8412 0000