THE BASICS OF FOOTY 9s
- Footy 9s matches are played on rectangular fields.
- There are no behind posts.
- Each team consists of 9 players – 3 forwards, 3 centres and 3 backs.
- The game starts with a jump ball in the middle of the field.
- A goal is scored when the ball is kicked through the posts.
- If the ball hits the posts and continues through the posts, it is a goal.
- If the ball hits the posts and comes back into the field of play, it is play on.
- No kicking off the ground is permitted.
The full playing rules can be found here.
To see how the game is played, please watch the video below.