Australian Football International (AFI) is pleased to confirm that the Harmony Cup will return to Melbourne on Sunday 10 March, 2024.
The tournament will be held at Casey Fields, Melbourne.
The Harmony Cup is well known as Australia’s No. 1 multicultural footy carnival.
The event has been held 16 times, with Ireland and Lebanon the most successful teams with 4 championships each.
The Harmony Cup features teams drawn from Melbourne’s many communities. The aim of the event is twofold:
1. to celebrate Melbourne’s multicultural diversity and harmony, and
2. use the power of sport to break down cultural and ethnic barriers. We may come from many different backgrounds but we are all Australians.
As well as being a great celebration of Australian Football, the Harmony Cup is a powerful vehicle for bringing communities together.
- 12 national teams (representing Melbourne’s multicultural communities)
- Sunday 10 March, 2024
- Casey Fields, Melbourne
- 18-a-side (maximum of 25 players per squad)
- Matches will commence every 50 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere
- Each match consists of 2 x 20 minute halves, plus 5 minutes for half-time
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches during the event
- Each team will play in their national colours
- 3 Grand Finals – Division 1 Men, Division 2 Men & Women’s
There are two simple criteria for player eligibility – that a player was born in the country or has a parent or grandparent born in the country which he or she is representing. Players must also be at least 16 years of age in order to participate. Each team represents their country of origin and plays in their national colours.