Australian Football International (AFI) is pleased to announce that the inaugural AFL Footy 9s Carnival will be held in Melbourne in February 2024.
All teams will be mixed (men & women) and non-contact. All matches will be played under the rules of Footy 9s – a fun and exciting new version of our great game!
Represent Your Club!
Do you follow the Hawks and have never had the chance to play in the brown & gold?
Or do you support the Magpies and would love the opportunity to pull on the black & white stripes?
This is YOUR chance to play for your AFL club and lift the Premiership trophy.
The AFL Footy 9s Carnival will consist of a round-robin format, with the top two teams playing off in the Grand Final, complete with national anthem before the big game!
It is going to be a sensational day, with great footy, music, prizes and one (or two) cold beers afterwards. Register now!
- The tournament will be played on Saturday 17 February, 2024
- 18 teams (representing the 18 AFL clubs)
- 9-a-side (maximum of 12 players per squad)
- 3 x playing fields
- Matches will commence every 30 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere
- Each match will consist of 2 x 12 minute halves, plus 3 minutes for half-time
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches during the event
- Each team will play in their club jumpers
- Teams will get the chance to sing their club’s victory song after each win
- The top two teams shall advance to the Grand Final, with the winner being presented with individuals medals and the Premiership trophy